Thursday, December 20, 2012

First Snow of Winter

 The cows across the road from my house.
I'm taking this from my front steps, the briefest possible exposure to the elements.
My Cowboy has been out pushing snow all morning, since before I got up.
He's shipping calves today, for an auction tomorrow so he had to get a semi-truck up to these gates!
 
Then travel on roads that we HOPE are clear and not slick.
 
 My front steps. I usually judge snow fall amounts by looking at the railings on these steps.
 This is south of the house. The barn and pick-up with cattle trailer attached. Besides the semi we need to haul two loads in the two trailers My Cowboy and his brother own. This is looking through my screened in back porch, you can see the windmill on the top right corner.
This is out the back door. My cherry tree left, the garage right, the tracks from My Cowboy wading down to the shed to get his tractor fired up.
White Christmas!
Mary Connealy
http://www.maryconnealy.com

3 comments:

Regina Jennings said...

So pretty! Thanks for sharing your view with us.

Myra Johnson said...

I don't think you'll be picking any cherries today, Mary! Yikes. So glad this isn't the view out MY front door! Tell your Cowboy I said to be careful on the road with that truckload of cattle.

Missy Tippens said...

Beautiful!! My daughter was hoping for a white Christmas here in Georgia. VERY DOUBTFUL! But it is only 38 degrees today. Miserable!