Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Elle is Irish Today

Elle doesn't probably remember when she could be outside before.
After a long hard winter, this whole GRASS thing is very funny.
Look! I can walk without sinking over my head in a snow drift.

And it's St. Patrick's Day, Erin Go Braugh. Break out the green to match the lawn!
Aye, and I shall now be drivin' all snakes out of my bonny Ireland.
Or, well, at least out of the back yard.
Mommy saved her when all the walking and serpent battling got to be too much.
Not that she ever SAW a serpent, but that means she succeeded, right?

What all the Irish lassies are wearing today.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

So cute! How old is she? My 19-month-old son can't wait for spring. He's an outside boy.

Mary Connealy said...

She's 14 months. Hasn't spring come to you yet?

It's been a fight here, but finally we're seeing some ground instead of snow drifts. Ridiculous winter.

Lucie said...

Oh Mary she is soo sweet! I am looking forward to being a grandmother one day :-)
Is it true that you fill them with sugar and then send them home? lol

Blessings,
Lucie

Unknown said...

We've had a few nice days, but it has been a long winter this year. I'm ready to wear flip flops :)

Cheryl St.John said...

Hear me :::sob::: She's not a baby any more!

Just adorable.

Mary Connealy said...

It happens so fast, Cheryl. I can see me already giving her cash instead of a gift for birthdays. :)

I think she's got strict dietary requirements like most first borns. By the third one, the grandbabies will be living on Drink Boxes and Gummy worms.

tbsomeday said...

aw...she looks irish in that green!
she's adorable
and wow--you have some green grass already!

Pepper said...

Oh my, she IS cute, Mary.
Look at that great smile :-)

Mary Connealy said...

There was green grass under the snow. The ground never even froze. The snow came so early it insulated it. A complete switch from winter to spring in one week.

Now for the mud.

I know, quit complaining. Sorry, it's a hobby.