Sunday, June 19, 2011

I got a Kindle

I'm still a little leery of it. I don't think it will ever replace my love of holding a book. But a very good friend is having her first book release FIRST on Kindle, a new thing they're doing at Tyndale House and I had to have her book so........I had to have an ebook reader and I got a Kindle.
But here's one cool thing I found. I can download the first chapter of all my books onto the Kindle for FREE.
How fun is that?
Even if you don't have a Kindle you can get what they call Kindle for PC which brings the Kindle books to your computer desktop.
So you can get the first chapter of my books REALLY for free since the Kindle for PC is free and the 1st chapter is free.
A no risk way to look at a new book before you buy.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I have a Kindle and I have to admit that I love it. It is so much easier to read. You can actually lay in bed and your arms don't get tired as easily. I do miss being able to share some of my favorite books because the people who I share books with do not have one.

I am sure you will enjoy yours also.

Lisa said...

I don't have a kindle but I do have the kindle app for my phone. I love it! It is my prefered way to read. No matter where I am I have a book with me to enjoy. Waiting in drive-thru lines is no longer annoying, but prefered because I get to read while I wait and I've got a book at the ready. When I want a sequel I can download it instantly. Recently a friend wanted to read one of my ebooks. By going online to Amazon the book could be sent to the kindle app on her phone for three weeks--a regular friend loan. An advantage of the app is that the text is back lit so I can read even if the lights are turned off.
I could go on and on--oops, I guess I have. The short of this that you'll love your kindle.