Thursday, September 08, 2011

Coffee, Two Hearses and a Dog

A woman was leaving a 7-11 with her morning coffee when she noticed a most unusual funeral procession approaching the nearby cemetery.


A long black hearse was followed by a second hearse about 50 feet behind. Behind the second hearse was a solitary woman walking a Pit Bull dog on a leash.

Behind her were 200 women walking single file.

The woman couldn't stand the curiosity. She respectfully approached the woman walking the dog and said, "I am so sorry for your loss, and I know now is bad time to disturb you, but I've never seen a funeral like this. Whose funeral is it?"

The woman replied, "Well, that first hearse is for my husband,"

"What happened to him?"

The woman replied, "My dog attacked and killed him."

She inquired further, "Well who is in the second hearse?"

"His mistress. She tried to help my husband, then the dog turned on her."

A poignant and thoughtful moment of silence passes between the two women.

"Can I borrow the dog?"

She replied, "Get in line."

1 comment:

J.J. Jenkins said...

I thought that was going to be the title of your next book...you have to admit it has a hook and I would have definetly bought it! (but then I buy everything you write, lol!)