Wednesday, June 10, 2009

And the Horse You Rode In On

I'm blogging on Petticoats & Pistols today.

In my soon-to-be released novel Montana Rose, a side character, who really needs his own book, owns this stunning black stallion and he's making money on stud fees. I have fun with this guy because his horse won't let anyone near him but his owner...and barely him. And the owner is so cranky that two, man and horse, are peas in a pod. Giving this man, Tom, a horse turned into research of course and that led me to today's blog. Horse Breeds.

The more I researched horse breeds the more I wished I'd never started. There are over 300 breeds of horses. And I kept reading about 'types' and 'breeds'. Those are different things. I did find a few really interesting tidbits about some horse breeds we'd all recognize (by name if not by sight.)

No comments: